Monday, November 17, 2003

Last night I saw...a DEAD BODY!

Okay, I saw part of it. Ray and I were driving to his office around 10:00 and there were three police cars and what looked like an ambulance on the side of the road. Since there was no one else there & no other cars Ray and I became rather curious.

So, we turned around to take another look. And this time going by I saw a white tarp on the ground with two feet sticking out from underneath, the flip-flops still neatly on.

We're very curious as to what happened. There was no crime scene tape or anything on the news (and if your wondering, we turned around to get a third look-were we really that bored?).

So, that was one of our adventures last night.

Also, I'm sure Rach will think this is funny, my brake light has been out since, well, sometime around March or April. Anyway, I was NEVER pulled over for it and I never had it fixed because I always forgot about it until I was in my car and someone yelled out "Hey! Your brake lights out!" And then I forgot about it again.

Anyway, this Ford has been sitting dormant for a few months until after my accident when we needed it again. What do you know, just three days after driving it again Ray gets pulled over for the light being out. And four days after that I ge pulled over for it being out. And then a week after that, I got pulled over again.

Needless to say, I was becoming quite anxious to get this fixed. So, around 9:30 last night, Ray and I took a look at it. How hard can it be to change out a couple of light bulbs, right? It turns out three of them were out but unfortunately, they were corroded and we could only get the actual bulb out, not the part that screws in.

On to this morning, when I'm driving to work and suddenly realize that my turn signals are not working. "Odd, they worked last night. And my hazard lights still work too." A call to Ray, him being the man and all, I expect him to be able to fix this later.

Fast forward a couple hours. I'm about to leave for my lunch break very excited about my hour of relaxing & reading magazines. And of course drinking a frappuccino from Starbucks that I had earned by racking up points with my points by visiting websites (I got a $10 gift card-yea!!!).

I hop in the car, start it up, and realize that my automatic seatbelt is not sliding back to buckle me in. Determined to go to Starbucks (I still have a lap belt) I decide to try to drive the car and see if I could fix the belt too. Unfortunately my car would not budge into gear. Not even a little tiny smidge. It just wouldn't budge. It was running just fine, but I couldn't go anywhere.

I was very frustrated. We've been having problems with all of our cars lately. Even our New VW is rattling when we drive it now. So, Ray is here at my office with his Mom and her husband-to-be to try and fix it. Actually, right now they're at the auto parts store. The guy at Ford thinks we may have short circuited something and blown a fuse when trying to take out the old lightbulbs last night. He also said that its normal for those lights to corrode because of it being a hatchback and water getting in there.

So, I'm really hoping they fix this soon. I've got to go to class before long. If its not fixed I'm taking our other car and Ray will get a ride with his mom.


No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...