Monday, November 03, 2003

I know, the shame...I haven't posted in nearly a week. I have good reasons of course.

Wednesday, I was in a car accident. It ended up being my fault & even though she hit the back right side of my car, the insurance company called today to tell us it was totaled.

So, I'm having to drive our old Ford station wagon again that has been sitting at Ray's moms' for the past couple of months. We were told by the mechanics that it wasn't safe to drive on the interstate, so Ray had that repaired today.

My back has also been in pain, so I went to see a new chiropractor this morning. I know I've said it before, but I really do ahve a wonderful boss. She referred me to her chiropractor, who is also one of her clients, so my visits are free. It was great too. I'm going back on Thursday for another adjustment.

I ended up going to Orlando this past weekend (Ray let me take the "good" car because he knew I really wanted to go & he didn't ahve to work this past weekend). I really did feel bad about skipping out on the Sunday School picnic, but really only for the reasons of deserting Ray & feeling like I was obligated to be there. I think I definitely had more fun back home. It was pretty much just mom & me the whole time. And it was knid of nice. :)

Megan was in West Palm Beach with Katie, visitng Heather. Dad was filming all day Saturday & Sunday so I hardly got to see him. But, mom & I did go to the set for a few minutes on Sunday to visit & it was pretty cool. Maybe next time we can watch while they film or rehearse.

Anyway, other than when mom was painting at Rebecca's (I took 5-year-old Ellie to play at the mall-it was fun!) she & I were together. We talked a lot & ate really yummy food like fettuccini alfredo & drank mimosa's & wine & lots of coffee. You know, health food. :)

It was really fun but I also realize I can't live my life wishing I were someplace else. And the truth is, its not that I don't like it here, I just miss "home."

Anyway, I found out today that on top of having next Tuesday (Veteran's day) off from school, my office is also closed! :) Yea! Ruth & I are planning on getting together to make Christmas cards since its too early to bake Christmas cookies.

But before next Tuesday, I have this weekend to look forward to. Heather is coming to town with Nick & she's staying with me. rach will be in town again too so hopefully we can hang out together (I can't believe its almost been a month since last time I saw you Rach!).

But that's it for now. Life continues, even if I don't post.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...