Monday, February 20, 2006

My surprise was a success!

For several weeks now I've been planning a suprise baby shower for Rachel. I wasn't able to post about it because she reads my blog. Anyway, the shower took place on Saturday & I got her over there with an invitation for lunch with me & Charisse. Instead, there were about 15 people waiting for her arrival. We would've had more but several (including my family & her family) got sick & were unable to make it.

It still went well & she was really surprised. I'm so glad! That's part of the fun of surprise parties, knowing you pulled it off.

I didn't want to do a typical baby theme for the shower, I was in the mood for something different, so I did a mango & lime theme instead (not the fruit, just the colors). Here are the invitations I made:

Image hosting by Photobucket


I also bought fake flowers, cut up the petals, strung & glued them to fishing line & hung them in my living room & swooped them across the ceiling in the family room. You can kind of get an idea of the family room from these pictures, but seeing it in person was much better.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket


I had fun rearranging my furniture for the shower too. I know it wouldn't be practical to keep it that way but I did kind of like it!

This is a shelf off of my kitchen. I found these really cute frames at the dollar store & put a picture of Rachel in one & a sonogram picture of the baby in the other!

Image hosting by Photobucket


For the favors I found these cute candles & then hot glued green & orange ribbon to them.

Image hosting by Photobucket

When Rachel arrived she was really surprised! I had even found the address for her boss (who I'd never met before) by searching property appraiser records online. Here she is hugging Rachel.

Image hosting by Photobucket


Me & Rachel. The picture isn't the greatest (we have a bit of a slouchy look) but look how cute her belly is!

Image hosting by Photobucket


I didn't get any pictures of the food. I can say that it was good though. :)

Instead of games (because people who know me know that I'm not a huge fan of many games) I had the guests decorate onesies for the baby. They turned out so cute! And people kept saying it was a lot of fun, too.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket


Jessica brought her baby, Gillian. Gillian was quite entranced by the flower petals hanging from my ceiling & thought they were much better to play with than her toys.

Image hosting by Photobucket


Rachel also received a ton of gifts, especially considering how small the shower was. There were bags piled on the ground too!

Image hosting by Photobucket


All in all it went very well & I had so much fun! I was so exhausted afterwards though.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...