Friday, May 26, 2006

The party was great. I love dressing up (Ray actually wore his suit for the first time in over a year & a half!) & being treated like we have money & go to swanky events all the time.

Example: valet parking
I love that as soon as you pull up they open your door for you & then they open the door for you to go into the club. And when we left the huge front door magically opened as we got there for us to walk back out.

I love being waited on hand & foot. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'd want that all the time, but it sure is fun to just kick back at a party & have all of these waiters dressed to the nines wordlessly cleaning up every glass & napkin you leave lying around.

Dominic had a great band there, The Rat Pack 2, who did a fabulous job of sounding like the real thing. They would walk around amongst the guests while singing, too.

He had an ice sculpture & tons of food. I was just hoping for the food & was glad to see such a nice spread. I was also glad to see the cake too because I was definitely in the mood for sweets.

There were a lot of people there, most of whom Ray & I had never met, but we were able to sit at one of the reserved tables (thankfully, because there were all of those people and only three of four small indoor tables) & talk to some people we'd met before & we were able to talk to some new friends too.

I do feel kind of bad for Dominic because it seems like he has such a lonely life. He knows plenty of people, but you can tell that so much of it is superficial. And you know that in the evening he's going home alone with no serious relationship & it seems without a truly close friend to confide in.

Of course I went home with Ray so I was able to have a truly fabulous pampered evening!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...