Thursday, March 19, 2009

I would have posted much sooner than this but my computer caught a virus yesterday!!! Ray, my hero, was able to take care of it today. I hate being without Internet access.

This week I went to the same Hilton info session that Ray did & I had my interview with the this morning. While the probability of me getting the job, too, is highly unlikely, it could happen. And, that makes me a little nervous. The training lasts for 7 weeks(!) Monday through Friday from 6pm-11pm. If you're even ten minutes late to one meeting you're fired. Thankfully, Ray's mom has already volunteered to come here every night to watch the girls if Ray & I both happen to get the job.

Anyway, the girls are on their third night of sharing a room together. I believe it's going better than I initially expected.

First of all, Kate is a hand-sucker. While Addison just sucks her thumb, Kate goes for her entire hand...which is very noisy. On their first night together Kate woke Addison up by doing this around 10:45. So, Addison started crying which then made Kate cry. We got them back to sleep and then Ray was up with Addison twice trying to get her to go back to sleep; she had woken up & was talking to herself & Ray was afraid it would wake up Kate. Then, we had another hand-sucking/crying incident around 7 am, I believe. All in all, not too bad.

Last night we only really had one incident around 4 am & then both girls went back to bed until 8 this morning.

Kate & Addison ready for their first night sharing a room




So, I guess this will work. Hopefully the girls won't realize too early on that we have a four bedroom home yet we have them sharing a room. I just really like having a guest room for company to stay in & Ray needs a home office. Besides, I think it's good for them & that they'll enjoy sharing a room, at least while they're younger.

On Tuesday my Dad had business in our area so he stopped by. He stayed for our pot roast dinner & then took Addison to the park while I was teaching piano. I walked up on them without them noticing - this was the best shot I could get:



So, I'm thoroughly exhausted now. I've had a horrid nausea inducing headache today, plus I didn't sleep well last night. I've actually been so nauseous that I took a pregnancy test today, just to make sure. No worries, it was negative.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...