Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I got my wish & for the most part was able to stay home over the weekend. I did make it to church Sunday morning & I regret that I was in a rather foul mood. I definitely wasn't social & not even quite myself with my friends.

I feel that, two days later, I'm doing a bit better. Sunday afternoon I took just about an hour to myself & went out to the new mall. It really wasn't for long, just enough to regroup. I have a difficult time regrouping at home because there's just too much to do. Being gone so much my house has become much messier and dirtier than normal & that alone overwhelms me & contributes to my grumpy mood. If I can get away from it for a bit I feel much better & able to tackle it once I'm back at home.

One item off my list: sewing some commissioned bibs for Jenn's daughter, Alice.



She asked me to make two large bibs for her three-year-old. So, I think these measure approximately 10x15 inches (I don't remeber exactly) with long ties. I was determined to finish these because Jenn had paid for them at the beginning of the month but was very patient waiting for me to have the time to make them!

I also baked some delicious zucchini muffins. These have been great for breakfast in the morning: filling, full of fiber and some veggies. I needed something I could just grab & eat for breakfast. I've noticed with our training going on that my cooking mojo has slowed & I'm not eating very consistently.



I made a couple small adjustments to this recipe. I used 2.5 cups of whole wheat flour & 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal (not quick or instant). I also added a grated carrot. Yum!

Last night at training was our first time taking actually calls and messing up making reservations for customers. I didn't get too nervous until right when we started going into the call center & then when the phone rang for my first call I was actually shaking! On the first call I booked a room & cancelled a prior reservation. The only problem is I forgot to check to make sure he wasn't past the cancellation date so that he wouldn't get charged for the room...oops. Oh well, I have to forget about it because, even if I made a mistake, we're not allowed to call the customers back.

Addison seems to be doing a bit better now than she was last week. But now poor Kate seems to have begun teething hard core. My little girl who hardly ever cries & smiles just when she sees you look at her is fussy and obviously uncomfortable. I gave her some chamomila a bit ago & she's now taking a nap. I hope these teeth come through soon.

Addison loves to "hold" Kate & asked to hold her one morning last week. Addison took the opportunity to go through the eggs in her Easter basket & show them to Kate.




Addison decided that Saturday was a good day to begin experimenting with items that would fit up her nose. Her first choice was chicken covered in salsa (I had made her chicken nachos so the chicken was cut into small pieces). I thought I got it all out but a little later Addison started fussing that she hurt & I found another chunk of chicken up her nose! Thankfully, all it took was a good blow into a tissue & she got it out. The next day she started putting paper up her nose at church & yesterday she ut a little piece of broken crayon up her nostril! It's always the left one, too.

Here's my girl ready to shop, upside down sunglasses and all




Oh, I forgot to mention that the dentist said my teeth are demineralizing. It can be brought on by medical conditions, possibly even pregnancy, but it's exacerbated by things like sugar. So, when I have my sweet coffees I need to drink it down in about 30 minutes, not sip on it for awhile, and then brush my teeth. He also recommended a certain electric toothbrush and a special flouride mouthwash to help remineralize my teeth.

Three of the cavities I have are because of my teeth demineralizing and one is in my very back molar. None of them are too bad, they just need to be filled. I guess going 25 years without being diagnosed with any cavities isn't too bad. In fact, even though my teeth aren't nearly as nice as they used to be, one of the first things the hygenist said when I opened my out was, "you have great teeth!"

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...