Friday, February 12, 2010

Early Valentine

More photos here

Several weeks ago Addison found a bag of Valentine paper goods in our pantry. The girl was so excited. She was desperate to open them up & I did let her use some of the plates & cups, but really she wanted a Valentine party.
I was totally on board for that - I love a good time of fellowship & even better when it's something that makes my kids smile.

Today some of my mom friends & their charges came over - it was a time of talking and lots & lots of eating! I kept it very low-key & Erin actually sent home some of the decorations from the Ladies Bible study with me last night so I just put a few of those around - it worked out great!

For the food I made little "stained glass" peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, peanut butter & chocolate hearts, heart-shaped espresso shortbread cookies, honeydew melon cut into hearts on skewers, & cookie pops! We also had some standards like cheese & crackers & chips & hummus & some of the ladies brought treats as well. Briana made the most AMAZING cookies! Erin saved the day & brought half & half for us as I was nearly out.

The delicious cookies!




Cookie pops (with the fruit skewers in the background)




Kate LOVED the hummus. She found my plate of it & started digging her hand in & shoving it in her mouth!




After we ate the kids decorated brownies. Someone had given me those little heart-shaped tins so I baked the brownies in those & gave the kids white & pink frosting & five different kinds of sprinkles. Oh yeah, they had fun!



I just love this photo - all of the smiles, it's so happy!




We were missing some of our normal bunch. Jen, who's newest little one is 4 weeks old & Rach, who is still pregnant. The poor dear. We must pray every night that she goes into labor & has that baby, although I'm sure no on is praying that as much as she is! Rach is still hanging in there though & it's just a waiting game now! I'll admit, I'm on pins & needles & have kept my phone ringer on high for weeks now, waiting for the news that her little man is on the way! Addison has been waking up at night lately & yes, sometimes when she wakes me up I'll get online just to see if there are any labor messages. (Hey, last time it happened in the middle of the night & I woke up to a blog comment letting me know!) :)

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...