Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busch Gardens here we come!

We have finally broke down & bought Busch Gardens passes. We only live 30-minutes away & nearly all of our friends have them. Ray's grandmother really wanted to take Addison with her cousin last week but I didn't really want to miss out on seeing her do all of those things for the first time. Ray did a little searching & discovered that we could each get a two-year pass (which includes parking) & pay monthly for only $6.25 a month! Kate is still free & the park has a promotion this year that Florida kids under 5 get a free pass for the year.



So, we ALL went to Busch Gardens on Friday! Ray told me it had been 10 years since he was there - I was thinking, "Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since he went," & I was picturing him there as a teenager with his friends. I didn't voice the imagery but he told me the last time he was there was with me & Megan! I still forget that we've known each other for 10 years.



Anyway, this year they've opened a new kids Sesame Street themed section. We spent our entire time there; you really need more than a day to do everything (especially with kids) but they had fun on the rides and play area.

They have a HUGE area which is essentially like a bounce house & they let 8-10 kids on at a time. Addison wanted to go on but Ray & I both had our suspicions she wouldn't really like it. When they let her on she was so hesitant & first started walking the stable perimeter. I finally told her to go out in the area where there were no kids & she ventured out & had fun! It was so cute because she was so daintily prancing around. She was fine until she fell & then she lost it & started crying for me. At least she had fun for a little while.







I'm looking forward to going back when we have more time & when we can go see the animals. I may not be a big animal fan but Kate is totally the animal lover in our family! While we were walking through the park she got so excited just when she saw a statue of one so I can't wait to see what she thinks when she sees the lions & giraffes walking around!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...