Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Easter Sunday

I have to say that, for me, this was hands down the best holiday I've spent with my family in a long time. I'm sure several things factored into that, two of which could be that it had been over 6 months since we even went to officially visit my family and it was so nice & relaxing! No rushing all over the place - it was so nice!

Saturday we dropped Kate off at my parents & went straight to Nick & Heathers' for a really lovely dinner. Everything was delicious & their kids went to bed shortly after we arrived, so it was nice to have some uninterrupted adult conversation!

Sunday morning was a lazy time at my parents' house. My mom can't make it out to church because of her perfume allergies so we all stayed home & had brunch. My grandmother & Megan & Matthew all joined us for a short time as well. I did put together little Easter baskets for the girls, which they just loved! It was a lot of fun watching them. I was also sneaky & went to the health food store & bought them candy from the bulk section there - little candies that looked like m&ms but without all the refined sugar. They're young enough, I can get away with it for now! Addison was also very excited about the princess socks I found for her in the dollar bin at Target!





brunch was delicious - eggs, my moms amazing homemade cinnamon rolls, roasted asparagus & TWO POUNDS of bacon! Dare I even tell you that we ate ALL of the bacon?



My mom wants to know, with a 2,000 square-foot house, "why is everyone in the kitchen?!?"



The best we could do capturing four generations. After a day of photos, I've officially discovered my girls do not sit well for pictures.



My parents, Megan & Matthew & us!




My little growing family




(Notice the girls cute dresses- my grandmother bought them matching dresses that Addison picked out!)

After brunch we laid around the house, the girls napped & when they woke up my dad & Ray dyed some eggs with them. We quickly headed off for a 4:00 dinner at Darlene's. The food was AMAZING. Everything was so delicious. We had lamb, tzatziki, ham, chimichurri, sweet potatoes, cooked kibi, grape leaves & salads!



After dinner the kids went on a little Easter egg hunt around the yard! It's just so cute watching them! (not that I'm at all partial!)





One thing that was so nice about dinner was that it was a very small gathering this year. Well, small comparatively - we still had enough people that we had a couple tables outside plus people indoors, but it was nothing like the 60+ that are sometimes there! Really, it felt like old times, like when I was a kid.

The original plan was to drive home that night but, since I didn't have to work in the morning, we opted to stay & leave early Monday so that Ray could make it back to work. I'm so glad we did - not only was it nice to stay the extra night, but we were able to see the shuttle launch the next morning! It wasn't quite daylight yet & it was such a beautiful launch. I love being close enough that you can see the boosters fall, hear the rumble & have the windows shake on the house. It's so amazing!

Another bonus, after we made it home Ray's boss called to tell him that it was a holiday in China (where their other office is located) so work was slow that day & he didn't need to come in! A very nice way to end the weekend!

1 comment :

Tricia said...

It wasn't just that they were in the kitchen....I'm used to that; its that your dad brought in a dozen framed photos, set them on the counter where I was trying to work and proceeded to bring everyone into the kitchen to tell them about each photo. Why???

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...