Monday, May 24, 2010

The night we all look forward to in the third trimester

Saturday night was my "mommy shower" night - I love this night! It was an intimate group of some of my closest girlfriends who live in the area - there were others who don't live close enough who I would've loved to have had there too, though!

The "night" started early - I left the house at 4:45 & picked up Erin on my way because it's much more fun to drive with friends! We all met up for dinner at Carrabbas - I LOVE Carrabbas & ordered my usual - Chicken Bryan, Garlic mashed potatoes and caesar salad. Oh, it was SO good!

After dinner we moved across the street for dessert at Mimi's - where we had the lovely nazi waitress who apparently wasn't interested in getting a decent tip. I ordered a cinnamon mocha freeze:



Just the girls! (And Adam, the only male allowed to join the party) :)







Belly shot! This time I'm due before Erin so she gets to be the teeny tiny one. She's around 18 weeks, I'm 36 weeks




I'm not really that tall, either. Erin & i are about the same height, I just chose to wear some 4-inch heels that night!

I also got some stellar gifts. A gift card to Target, a gift card to Outback (which I'll probably use for Carrabbas again!) & a magic bullet! I've wanted one for years and my friends remembered! I've never bought baby food before & this should make it super easy to make now. I've also been told it's good for smoothies, shakes & icy coffee drinks. :)

Erin & Rach also made some really great favors for us - they went to IKEA (& quickly hid the items in the stroller when I happened to run into them tehre last week!) & bought some cute little dishes & filled them with chocolates. Loved it! I love chocolate & the I love the dishes, they're so cute.





I had such a great time and am so thankful for my friends!

1 comment :

Hannah said...

How awesome! Glad you had fun. You deserve it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...