Saturday, June 26, 2010

Just the five of us

My parents left to go home this morning, leaving the five of us here on our own again. While they were here I did take advantage of three adults for three kids & cuddled Clay as much as I could - I know the cuddles will be much more scarce without extra hands around!



Kate cuddling with my dad




Clay & his daddy - doesn't Clay look like such a little old man??? I think it's so cute!




Yesterday morning we had to take Clay for his "weight check." Really, we just have a new pediatrician who wasn't in for his first visit so this was mostly so we could meet the doctor. After that I had to drop Ray off at work & pick up some necessities at Target. Thankfully, my parents took the girls to the beach so it was just me & Clay. My needed items spanned the entire length of the store & it wiped me out - it was nice to go home & rest afterwards!



Yesterday afternoon the girls received a special gift - flowers from Caroline! Addison was truly thrilled! I got a big kick out of the note Caroline sent with them:

Dear Addison and Kate, congratulations on becoming big sisters! Enjoy it! But please wait until he's at least 7 before you start freezing his underwear, anything before that just isn't nice :o) Love you both!!

I just laughed when I read that because freezing underwear is exactly what all of us girls used to do to Caroline's little brother (he was outnumbered 4 to 1, he didn't stand a chance. There was also the incident where we tied him to a tree outside...such fond memories!)



Addison's been so excited to hold her brother, too. When he wakes up both of the girls scramble to give him hugs & kisses!

1 comment :

Lisanne said...

Aww! It sounds like you're tired but that everyone is doing really well! How sweet that your girls got flowers! Those are wonderful pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...