Sunday, July 25, 2010

Must Update

The only reason I'm updating right now is because I feel that I'm obligated to do so. Plus, when looking back on my blog it's always a bummer when there's a big gap between posts.

Last week my mom came on Tuesday around lunch time & ended up staying until Thursday morning. We had our usual fun mixed with LOTS of cleaning, cooking & care taking.

VBS was last week; since Ray is working nights I'd planned to take the kids on my own, at least for the first night, & see how it went. Unfortunately, Kate woke up from her nap on Monday with a very slight fever. It never got bad & she never had any other symptoms so I wonder if it could be teething. Regardless, I kept her (& everyone else) home from VBS for two nights.

Monday Ray spent the day working at his grandmothers', mudding. Toxic stuff & he came home with a sore throat. He ran a low grade fever part of the week & still hasn't been able to get completely well. I can tell the long hours are taking it's toll - he's working the same kind of hours I was when I was pregnant (except he gets to sleep later) - and he was always asking me why I was so tired all of the time! Maybe now he understands...

Ray didn't have to work Friday night but he still stayed home. Because Kate was too young for VBS I had her stay home with Ray on Friday - when I left she was fine but when I got home both of her eyes were all goopy & a little red. Possibly a slight case of pink eye?!? It was pretty much better by morning & no one else has anything (at least not yet).

I also wasn't much in the mood to take pictures last week. When I finally did pull out my camera my battery was completely dead, so all you get is a humdrum post for now.

1 comment :

Tricia said...

You sound exhausted.
Not only do you work the hours Ray does, you cook, clean, grocery shop, teach piano and take care of two, (now 3) small children and a husband.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...