Thursday, October 14, 2010

What can I say?

This week is just plain weird. It was going to be more trying anyway because I decided it was time to potty train Kate.

I have at least four friends who've used the 3 day potty training method with great success. I'm so impressed!

Kate's first time wearing big girl panties




The manual says the youngest recommended age to begin training is 22 months. Kate turned 22 months last week & I was really anxious to get started. I think because I was so lazy about training Addison it made me more motivated to train Kate. When Addison was this age I was hugely pregnant & tired & I didn't have a set method that gave defining directions to follow. So, I was very inconsistent whenever we tried any training.

Then, shortly after Kate was born, we started the Hilton job and it took me a loooooonnngggg time to adjust to that change and Addison's potty training took much longer than I would've liked.

This manual also says you need three consecutive days to follow the plan - not going anywhere, staying consistently at your childs' side, etc. Yeah...my life doesn't allow for that kind of time. So, I took my three most workable days, starting on Tuesday. Right now I don't teach piano on Tuesday or Wednesday & I don't work until 6pm on Tuesday. This morning is ballet but Ray's mom took Addison so I could stay home with Kate & then I had some afternoon piano.

I've been SO impressed! (Wait, did I say that already?) I know if it weren't for the clear-cut directions in the manual I probably would've fallen back on some diapers as a crutch over the past fews days. I'm so glad I didn't, though, I think it's really made a difference. The first day Kate did okay, she even stayed dry through her nap, but the second day felt like a disaster. She had nothing but accidents until almost noon when I was nursing Clay so Addison took Kate to the bathroom & she finally went on the potty again!

Today has been great. We've barely had accidents & I'm not staying by her side. She's running around & playing & taking herself to the bathroom without any help. She still hasn't woken up dry overnight, yet, but maybe tomorrow...

Speaking of tomorrow, I think Kate's exhibiting enough control that I may finally be ready to take her out & away from the close bathroom of home.

3 comments :

Lisa said...

Awesome. Maybe I need to download that book (is it expensive? I can't see a price). Evie is being very stubborn when it comes to potty training. I'm getting frustrated.

Meg said...

That's so cute that Addison took Kate to the potty :) Can't wait to see you guys today!

Anonymous said...

I want soooooo bad to pull down your panties

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...