Friday, November 05, 2010

Trick-or-Treat

Being in Orlando on halloween we stayed over there to go trick or treating in the evening with my family & friends. It was fun being able to take our kids with my friends' kids. We went over to Heathers' parents' neighborhood to trick or treat with everyone but, first, we stopped at Jeremiah's ice - free gelati's for everyone who was there in costume! The girls couldn't believe they had a whole treat to themselves (but they were only able to eat a few bites each before it was too much for them).



I was super lazy & not at all creative for the girls' costumes this year. Addison wore the wedding dress my bought for her at a garage sale & my mom had another dress-up wedding type dress at her house that I had Kate wear. It was sweet, though. Even if they didn't cooperate for a picture.



We had a very large group to go trick or treating. I couldn't even get everyone in the photo!



After the first house Kate was SO excited about her candy bar! This is a nice neighborhood & they hand out lots of chocolate & lots of big candy bars! (Yes, even my parents dressed up. Apparently the love of costumes is genetic as it took no effort OR prompting for my parents to find costumes. My dad was a used car salesman & my mom pulled out some of her vintage 80's clothes!)





The end of a fun night spent with friends & family! (My mom had already taken Clay inside away from the mosquitos! He was the only one who didn't have a costume)



I absolutely love an excuse to dress-up in costume. The Chuck & Sarah outfits were completely last minute. I'd had the idea but didn't think we'd do it so I didn't bring anything. When I told my mom my idea on Sunday morning she thought it was good & found an old white shirt, cut off the sleeves & found a "nerd herd" badge to print out online. I borrowed some of her clothes & she did heavy make-up on me - think eyeliner, false eyelashes, it was so much fun! I may've even had more fun than the kids...

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...