Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside!

Seriously, our low tonight is in the 20's & it's been cold for awhile & in our ten day forecast the warmest it's supposed to get is 78 degrees this Friday.

I love that it's been cold lately, with the right clothes it's not too bad, either. Winter clothes are SO cute! (it also helps that I'm still packing extra baby weight!)

Yesterday my dad had to film in my area so my mom came with him to visit for a few hours. The girls were already set to go stay with Ray's mom overnight & she picked them up around 4pm. We were already at Target with the kids so after the girls left we shopped for a little more, stopped at Marshalls & then picked up Five Guys for dinner. Yum!

Ray ever-so-kindly took my work hours last night so that I could hang out with my mom some more (it was his idea, too!) We went to the mall-the outdoor mall. Brr. Thankfully, my mom paid for metered parking so we didn't have to battle for a parking spot or park far away. It was cold.



I love going out when everything is decorated for Christmas. And, I really love at Christmas getting to go out with my mom when it's cold & it's decorated pretty with Christmas music playing & we can drink coffee. I guess it's nostalgia.



My mom didn't buy the coat, even though it's so her.




We also reveled in having no little children with us. Oh, the fun we had going out alone! By the time I finally sat down (after 11 last night) my feet & back were aching horribly from being on my feet so long. But, we had to take advantage of the freedom, that never happens anymore!

My parents went home early in the night & I went back out to do my grocery shopping. I've found that to now be the best time for me to go. I can put the kids to bed & shop without them & I don't have to feel guilty about not spending time with Ray since he's working anyway. It's a win-win if you ask me.

Since the girls were away this morning I wrapped most of the Christmas gifts. (so much easier to do without them running around) I also went to Barnes & Noble because I could. And, while there, I ran into two different people from church! I love when that happens.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...