Saturday, January 01, 2011

The most beautiful day of the year!

Today was simply gorgeous. It was sunny, clear skies & in the mid-seventies. A wonderful day to start the new year.

Before Ray & I had to work today we went out as a family for bagels. While Ray worked & the youngest two napped I took Addison out on a little date. We went to the outdoor mall & visited the new farmers market there. I found locally roasted organic coffee for just $12 a pound! It was so smooth & delicious, I bought a tiny bag of it for now.

We also went to Barnes & Noble where Addison found a magnet fashion Barbie kit that had been opened & she was in heaven plaing with it. She ketp telling me "put it on your list mommy, for my five." Meaning she wants me to put it on her wish list for her fifth birthday.

I also made Hoppin John for the first time today. It was good! I oversalted a bit but I still enjoyed the dish.

Tonight Ray & I had one of our at-home dates: I made stromboli, we had pepsi & tried a new Ben & Jerry's flavor, "Milk & Cookies" & we watched Salt. I thought it was good!

I'm still working on my end-of-the-year post, hopefully I'll finish while I'm working tomorrow afternoon.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...