Thursday, April 14, 2011

Recovery

Our night went rather well. Addison had a couple of moments where she woke up in a panic crying & semi-screaming. Ray & I were both tired - he fell asleep around 9 last night! When I went to bed it took me awhile to fall asleep & my body just ached.

Addison woke up around 6:30 this morning, crying, telling me that she hurt. I gave her meds & some water & a few minutes later it all came back up. It was mid-morning before she was able to keep anything down. Once she started eating a little she started doing better and was even up playing a little throughout the day.

My mom took Kate home with her today, which is one thing for which I'm really thankful. I'm absolutely beat today & I know it would've been really tough if Kate had been here bothering Addison. I'm so beat that I was pretty much worthless today & didn't get much of anything done. Yesterday was definitely stressful & the previous days had been really busy, too.

I'm also incredibly thankful for my friends. My friends have always been very important to me & I feel I've begun to appreciate them even more this past year. This week they've been bringing us meals so that we wouldn't have to worry about cooking while caring for Addison. It's SO helpful! And, it really means a lot to me knowing that people care for us & that help is there when we need it.

With the way I've felt today I'm really glad not to have to cook. By the end of today I realized part of the reason I feel icky seems to be the sinus infection coming back. The left side of my face & neck just ache.

Anyway, I wanted to post this photo of Addisons' bandages. One more highlight of this surgeon: he cuts shapes out of the bandages to use on the kids. As in, he actually hand cuts them himself, he doesn't have a nurse or anyone do it. For Addison he used a bunny & a duck. Cute, don't you think?

1 comment :

Tricia said...

You need to lie and rest just like Addison....and take the C every hour.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...