Sunday, November 04, 2012

Mini Makeover

5.5 years ago we were gifted these chairs by friends who were moving out of town & leaving their furniture behind. They go perfectly in our living room area - right across from the piano & in an area that gets lots of light - perfect for drinking your afternoon coffee!

These are super comfy chairs, too. My problem is that the fabric has seen better days. Truly. The only cover that can be taken off & washed is for the cushion you sit on so the rest of the piece gets rather dirty. Also, the fabric has worn so thin from so much use that there are big gaping holes in it now!



My best affordable option to fix the problem was slipcovers. I was able to sell an old Mac on craigslist & I used the money to buy the slipcovers!



I'm not going to lie, it doesn't look as good with the slipcovers as I had hoped, but, they are an improvement from the dirty torn fabric! I'm just glad I was able to keep my super comfy chairs while still updating their look.

1 comment :

Moo said...

I think they look cute! I like the color.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...