Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Under the Sea

My big girl, Addison, will be six on Friday! Unbelievable.

Honestly, I kind of forgot about throwing her a birthday party. Oops! Last Saturday I threw together a little "Under the Sea" party. I let Addison invite five friends and then I texted the moms a week & a half before the party to see if their daughters were available.

I still made official invitations after getting three guest confirmations.


I found these cute printables online - the invites and little pictures, all on one page! I used the pictures to embellish the party favors and napkins at the place settings.

Addison helped pick out the party favors - pedicure sets, neon hair extensions & ice cream flavored lip gloss. She was so excited about giving the favors to her friends!





The colors were blues with a hint of mint green. Addison asked for an "Ariel" party, but, this was the closest I came up with on short notice.




The girls made glow-in-the-dark jewelry, modeled the mermaid tail, ate finger foods, opened gifts, played with the guinea pig & even played outside for awhile.




I let Addison put the sprinkles on her cake & she went to town! I was going to decorate it with some of her "Little Mermaid" figurines, but, I couldn't find them.



The party was kind of a glorified playdate, but, Addison seemed to have fun & it was much easier for me!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...