Friday, November 08, 2013

Asheville Again

The last hurrah on our Fall vacation this year was in Asheville to visit my family. I still can't believe they get to live there.

Trader Joe's just opened five minutes from their house in September. Megan, my mom & I went & did a little shopping Friday night. Junk food galore!




I LOVE ice cream. I'm such a Ben & Jerry's girl, they have some of the best flavors. But, hands down, the quality of Trader Joe's ice cream is something else! Simple ingredients & the pumpkin pie ice cream actually tasted like pumpkin pie! The ingredients list that it IS pumpkin pie - unlike most ice creams that add all kinds of junk to get a flavor LIKE pumpkin pie. The pecan pie was delicious, too, & I think I liked it even better.


Saturday was a relaxing day. My mom & I went out shopping a little. The area has some amazing shops & my mom took me to one that was just featured in Better Homes & Gardens. I loved it! They had some of the best quality vintagey thrifty items.

Jackson was happy in my moms' arms.


On Sunday the whole family went to the Biltmore. We were only there for about two hours; we drank coffee, looked a bit in the shops & walked around the gardens. I love that the place is only minutes from my parents home & that we all have passes! It's so nice being able to just relax at such a beautiful place without rushing around.

Me & my dad.


My parents at the Biltmore.


We left around noon & went back to my parents' home. Ray packed up our girls & took them to go hiking in the mountains. My parents watched Clay & Oliver while Megan & I went downtown. We got pretzels & a bite to eat at LAB & then went to French Broad Chocolate Lounge. Totally worth the 30 minute wait!


Ray was out hiking longer than planned so we didn't leave to head home until around 7:30. Clay was VERY upset about leaving my parents' home.


Ray & I took turns driving through the night, made it home around 5am & then the kids & I took Ray to work at 8! (his car broke down right before we left for the trip)

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...